“Choosing the Right Contractor”
Selecting the right contractor to build or remodel your home is a big decision.
You want to be certain that you are making the right choice for your job. Here are a few tips:
- Hire a local, licensed and insured contractor
- Ask for references from previous customers, as well as trade references.
- Be certain that you feel comfortable and have good communication with the contractor
- Ask to tour completed projects
With the expertise of Freeman Builders, Inc., our architects, and designers, we will be able to design your new home to fit your needs and your budget or you can select one of our stock set of plans that fits your lot. Either way, once you have made the decision to use the Freeman Team, this is what you can expect:
- A Letter of Intent will be written up. This is a design agreement to have plans drawn for your home.
- You will then meet with a designer to ensure that your house compliments your lifestyle and the preliminary selection process will begin.
- Preliminary design and preliminary cost estimates will be completed to ensure your needs and budget are on target.
- Final design and a working set of plans with final pricing will be completed for a fixed price contract.
- A building contract will be created and signed with detailed specifications and plans to begin the construction of your new home, remodel or addition.
The construction process can now begin…
- Plans will be submitted and processed for permits.
- Freeman Builders, Inc. will review the construction schedule and selection schedule with you.
- Actual ground-breaking construction begins and the building process proceeds in the order of the following:
1. Project Begins – Start demolition and or rough grading.
2. Site Preparation – Install underground utilities and pour the foundation.
3. Structural Framing & Rough Trades – Rough framing, plumbing, electrical and mechanical work takes place. A structure takes form.
4. Building Exterior – Roofing, windows, siding or stucco. The house becomes dried-in.
5. Building Interior – Drywall, finish carpentry and cabinets. Walls are formed and the floor plan takes shape.
6. Interior Finishes – Tile, stone, painting, appliances, finish plumbing, finish electrical and finish mechanical are completed.
7. Hardscape and Landscape – The exterior of the home receives its finishing touches.
8. Final Steps – Professional, final clean-up and move in.
Freeman Builders, Inc. stands behind the work that we do and is proud to offer a two-year builder’s guarantee on the structure and foundations on all of our projects.